It’s curriculum adoption season, and like clockwork, we have begun to get inquiry emails. As early adopters of high-quality instructional materials, we are frequently asked for our insights about our curricula, which we are happy to share.
Knowing that many district are seeking more info, we decided to hold a series of ‘Meet the Curriculum’ nights – an opportunity to hear straight talk from educators about the ELA curricula used in our districts. In these webinars, we’ll highlight the distinguishing aspects of each curriculum, share key experiences, and save lots of time for Q&A.
We also recommend viewing our previous webinar, Understanding the ELA Curriculum Landscape, in which we discussed the characteristics that these curricula have in common.
Wit & Wisdom – Tuesday 2/2 at 8pm ET
- Jennifer Jordan, Director of Literacy, Lauderdale County (TN)
- Cedric Stewart, Principal, Aldine ISD (TX)
- Shiryl McAdams, Intervention Coach, Daviess County (KY)
- Valencia Smith, Teacher, Sumner County (TN)
Core Knowledge – Monday, 2/8 at 8pm ET
- Matt Warford, Executive Director of Teaching and Learning, Aldine ISD (TX)
- Shawn Hayes, Director of Teacher Development, Jefferson Parish (LA)
- Jennifer Price, Principal, Aldine ISD (TX)
- Jennifer Brown, Teacher, Sullivan County (TN)
EL Education – Tuesday 2/9 at 8pm ET
- Shannon Wheatley, Chief Academic Officer, Lighthouse Community Public Schools (CA)
- Dionne Upton, Principal, Hamilton County (TN)
- Taylor White, Instructional Coach, Detroit (MI)
- Gabby Yeckering, Teacher, Daviess County (KY)
ARC Core and Bookworms
Whitney Oakley from Guilford County (NC) and Ashley Giska of Laurel County (DE) will host these respective webinars – dates and speakers to be announced soon.
Check back for updates as we add new events!